Sunday, February 19, 2012

Comeback- miss A with 'Touch'!


If you haven't seen it, this is the official video for 'Touch' from miss A's channel. On a side-note, this is why I must say that I like how JYP handles things a little bit more than say, SM- JYP actually has separate channels for each group! While that may seem a sort of obvious thing to do, SM doesn't do that; you can wade through the thousand-odd videos it has on its channel instead.

Plus JYP has English subtitles! (I'm not sure how accurate they are translation-wise; I know that they weren't translations in 'Bad Girl Good Girl', more of a 'how it would sound if in English'.

On the song itself? Not bad...but not the eye-popping, shimmering, sparks-throwing comeback I was hoping for. The concept photos seen here are thought-provoking (yes, thought-provoking) and subtly sexy, but not all out there. Maybe they should've given me a hint (and I admit, they did- I was wondering about the cream-bandages-and-rose-petals versus, say, Suzy's cat ears in 'Goodbye Baby'), but I was still hoping for more.

The MV itself isn't bad, it's quite good, but the way 'Touch' is being showcased doesn't look very...exciting, for lack of a better term. It's a chill song- much more low-key than 'Goodbye Baby'. The dancing is very smooth in the movements- it's not hard-and-fast club style dancing, and neither is it full of pop-y jazz hands and jumps. It's...nice.

Overall, the MV and song are both together nice. But is nice what they were going for? I don't know, but I still love miss A.


In other words, I'm really liking the mini-album as a whole- all the songs are cohesive and they sound great, and also really different from miss A's usual style. 'Lips' especially sounds catchy to me.

The last note that I have: I loooooooooooooove Suzy's hair.
Loook~
I love the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment